History

1928 – 1978

Written by Mrs Olga Smith OAM
FOREWORD by Olga Smith (OAM), CSGA President, Canberra 1978  

Every associate is indebted to the golfers of fifty years ago who had the foresight and enthusiasm to form this association. I have spent many interesting hours of research and am grateful to Mr. Noel Nicholls of Canberra for his help in co-ordinating the notes. Brief though it is, this book may prove useful for the centenary history. Golf, that fascinating and infuriating game which teaches us tolerance and humility and helps form life-long friendships; may the next fifty years continue in the same vein and the Association move ever forward.


CENTRAL SOUTHERN GOLF ASSOCIATION
1928 – 1978 On 11 October, 1928, the first ladies open golf tournament held in Canberra was played at the Canberra Golf Links. The tournament was well attended and attracted players from as far afield as Sydney, Bowral, Goulburn, Cooma and the South Coast districts. Mrs. S.M. Bruce (later Viscountess Bruce), the wife of the then Prime Minister, donated a cup for a team play competition, held in conjunction with the tournament, which was won by the Royal Sydney Golf Club team. During the course of the tournament, Mesdames Binnie (Cooma), Fraser (Bowral), Adams, Buchanan and Hoddle (Goulburn) and Misses James and Fraser (Canberra) discussed the possibility of forming a regional golf association, to be titled the Central Southern Golf Association (CSGA). Miss Fraser (born c. 1846) seems to have been the prime mover of the proposal to form the association. The following is an extract of a letter written by her to the current President:

“I had been to the Country Championship and talked the N.S.W. Ladies Golf Union into having a Central Southern Association, not just a Southern Association, as I knew that, if Canberra was to get anywhere, it would have to attract Sydney players to its tournaments and it seemed to be the right moment.” The proposal was received with considerable enthusiasm by the players attending the tournament and it was agreed that the Golf Association would be formed. On 28 October, 1928, the Central Southern Golf Association was affiliated with the N.S.W. Ladies Golf Union. It became the second affiliated country association, being preceded by the Western Association which had been formed in 1927. The foundation clubs were Batemans Bay, Braidwood, Bombala, Canberra, Cooma, Crookwell, Goulburn, Gunning and Moss Vale. After the tournament the Royal Sydney Team suggested the Bruce Cup be given to the C.S.G.A. for competition between association clubs as it was realized that if the event remained open to all clubs, in all probability one of the top Sydney teams would win. The first Bruce Cup match with seven a side was played at Goulburn on 29th May 1929. Later in the year, Yass, Moss Vale and Cooma played home and away for the Bruce Cup and Moss Vale were the first winners. The objectives of the Central Southern Golf Association were three-fold. Firstly, to foster the game of golf in the region, secondly, to encourage a high standard of associates’ competitions by the organisation of tournaments and thirdly, to foster an extension of golfing friendships amongst associates and their clubs. Over the last fifty years the Central Southern Golf Association has steadily advanced these objectives despite fluctuating fortunes of clubs resulting from the depression and the war years. It has made a major contribution to the development of golf in the region. The tournaments it has arranged and promoted have been a significant factor in bringing together associates from distant clubs for friendly competition. This was an especially important contribution in the period before the war when transport facilities were poor and country communities more isolated. Of the foundation clubs Braidwood, Canberra (Royal Canberra), Crookwell, Goulburn, Gunning and Moss Vale have been continuously affiliated with the association. Some clubs affiliated at various times have completely disappeared. Today in our 50th year there are 18 clubs. The most recent addition to the Association was the Belconnen Golf Club which was formed earlier this year. A complete list of the clubs which have been affiliated with the CSGA is given in the Appendix.

CSGA TOURNAMENTS

The first Annual Meeting and Tournament were held at Goulburn Golf Club in September 1929. The Association got off to a most active tournament start. Besides the Bruce Cup, several major trophies were donated by the affiliated clubs for annual competition.
The Canberra Associates donated the “Canberra Cup” to be played for in the CSGA Championship. Mrs Alan Binnie was the first holder of this Cup as a result of her winning the 1928 Canberra tournament. In the 1929 tournament at Goulburn she successfully defended her title after an exciting play-off against Miss Crisp of the Cooma club. The “Goulburn Cup” was donated by Mr. L.T. Watson and played for in the 1929 tournament. Competitors for this trophy were limited to those from affiliated clubs. Miss Crisp, who lost the Canberra Cup play-off, was successful in this 36 hole scratch event, with Miss Fraser (Canberra) being runner-up. The following year it was to be Miss Fraser’s turn to win the Goulburn Cup with Miss McLeish being runner-up. The CSGA Cup competition was established for team play. This trophy was jointly donated by the Canberra, Goulburn, Yass, Moss Vale and Cooma clubs. The CSGA Cup competition was played over 36 holes of stroke and 18 holes foursomes play by teams of four from affiliated clubs. Later this was reduced to 36 holes stroke only. This Cup was first played for in 1929 at the first Goulburn tournament. The home team was successful with the Canberra team being runner-up. In the 1930 tournament played at Canberra, the position was reversed. Again, local knowledge apparently proved an advantage and the home team were the winners with Goulburn being the runner-up team. Another early tournament trophy was the Blomfield cup, donated by Mrs Blomfield. This trophy was also for a team event, this time open to a team of four from any LGU affiliated club. Like the CSGA Cup the event was played over 36 holes scratch and 18 holes foursomes, also later reduced to 36 holes stroke. It was first played for in the 1930 tournament and resulted in another win for Canberra with the Goulburn team being runner-up. Until 1952 all tournaments were played over four days but in that year the bogey round was eliminated reducing the tournament to three days. The 1931 year book of the Ladies Golf Union shows the following events for the Tournament to be played at Goulburn between 19 August and 22 August:

Goulburn Cup 36 Holes Stroke Affiliated clubs only
Canberra Cup 36 Holes Stroke Open to all clubs
CSGA Cup 36 Holes Stroke and 18 holes foursomes Teams of four from affiliated clubs
Blomfield Cup 36 Holes Stroke and 18 holes foursomes Teams of four open to all clubs
Bridges Cup Stroke Best Gross 18 Holes Foursomes

 

There were also listed many events for both Silver and Bronze Divisions.   Until 1959 the N.S.W. Ladies Golf Union held the A.C.T. Championship and Seat of Government Cup, in conjunction with the CSGA Tournament when it was held at Royal Canberra Golf Club. The Southern Cup was also played for at the Annual CSGA Tournament every second or third year but now every five years in rotation with other Southern Associations (Riverina, Far South Coast, Nepean-Illawarra, South West – these to be confirmed by GNSW). In 1952 the first opening day was held at Goulburn. Following its success the Open Day early in the season has become very popular and is held in rotation at affiliated clubs with 18 holes. To commemorate the Silver Jubilee of the Association, the 1953 tournament was held at Royal Canberra where the association was formed in 1928. At this tournament, the affiliated clubs donated a silver salver for the Number 1 Bronze Division 36 Hole scratch event. This was called “The Mary Hoddle Salver”, in recognition of the 25 years service as Honorary Secretary, and for a number of years as Treasurer and Handicap Manager of Mrs Mary Hoddle. Members of the British team of Women golfers and leading Australian golfers were to compete in the CSGA and LGU combined tournament in September 1955. This tournament was limited to silver division players only. A Bronze tournament was scheduled for Goulburn Golf Club for October 11 – 13th. Apparently the Bronze players resented this decision as insufficient entries were received, and the association was forced to reduce the tournament to one day. One of the highlights of the golfing calendar is the annual inter-association match against the Nepean-Illawarra Association. The first match was held on 20th April 1964 at Goulburn. Since then the venue has alternated each year between the associations. There is no trophy, all matches are played in a spirit of friendly rivalry and over the years many lasting golfing friendships have been formed. The Nepean-Illawarra Association (N.I.A.) has been successful 11 times; the CSGA 3 times, and one match was drawn.  Note:  Today we play to win “The Album” that contains the complete history of this event. The CSGA recently decided to institute a Gala Day to be held in rotation at affiliated clubs with 9 hole courses. Crookwell was the venue for the occasion first held in November 1977 and it proved a very successful and happy day.

SOME NOTED COMPETITORS

Many leading Australian and State golfers have participated and won major events over the years. To name just a few: Miss Mona McLeod, Mrs Joan Lewis, Mrs Dianna Thomas, Miss Pat Borthwick, Miss Mardi Mair, Mrs Heather Bleek, and Mrs Judy Perkins. Stories of success and failure are many, one of the happiest being the associate who, playing in a tournament at Moss Vale drove out of bounds; then to her surprise, the ball rebounded back to the fairway after hitting one of the cattle in the adjourning paddock. The Association is proud of the record of its associates who over the years have acquitted themselves well in the country golf, reached State standard, and even representation (Mrs Dianna Thomas 1968) in an international team. A wonderful climax to our fifty years was the winning of the 1978 N.S.W. Championship by Miss Leonie Oxley of Goulburn; following that success Leonie teamed with Miss Jill Miles to win the Australian Amateur Foursomes Championship played at Hobart. Twice during the year Leonie was chosen as a member of a State team; first in the junior team to New Zealand and then in the team for the Interstate matches played at Hobart. Leonie joined the senior ranks during the year. The weather has not always been kind to the Association during its tournaments. A severe flood in Queanbeyan covering the 8th fairway and green just before the first tournament to be held on that course in 1976 caused concern to the executive. Imagine the Officials’ delight when they went to inspect the course, to decide whether the tournament would proceed, to find a working bee of the club’s associates and professional, helping the curator and his staff to clear the flood debris. Colleen De Costa, the local associate champion, was driving the tractor just as well as she wields her No. 1 wood.

INTERNATIONAL VISITORS

Most International Ladies Golf teams touring Australia have visited Canberra during their stays and the CSGA has acted as hostess for their visits.  In July 1953 when the South African team played at Royal Canberra the Association entertained the visitors to dinner.  Following the visit of the British Junior team the annual report of 1955 states: “The British Junior team was young, healthy, and ready to enjoy everything.  They hailed from Yorkshire, Birmingham, Glasgow and London; true ambassadors for their country.  The girls are tipped to become big news.”  The team competed in the CSGA Tournament at Royal Canberra 5th to 7th September and were guests at a dinner party.  During 1963 the members of Commonwealth Teams representing Great Britain, Canada, New Zealand and Australia played an exhibition match on the new Royal Canberra Course at Westbourne Woods (the original Royal Canberra was, by then, submerged under Lake Burley Griffin).  In September 1973 members of the Great Britain, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Australian teams were entertained for a one day sight seeing tour and a barbecue lunch at Royal Canberra, as a break after the Australian Championship in Melbourne and before the International teams matches were played in Sydney.

PARTICIPATION IN GOLF ADMINISTRATION

The CSGA is proud of its club associates who over the years have given outstanding service to golf administration, not only to CSGA, but to the NSWLGU and ALGU. The current President of the ALGU is Mrs R.D. Bridges (formerly of Bowral).  She had previously held that office from 1970 to 1973 and is presently the Treasurer of the NSWLGU.  In 1974-75 Mrs Bridges was a Vice-President of the Ladies’ Golf Union.  At varying periods she has been Country Vice-President and Southern Representative of the N.S.W.L.G.U. Touring and International Teams have been led by Mrs Bridges as Captain in 1969, 1970, 1971 and 1978. Miss M. McLeish of Moss Vale held the office of Country Vise-President for six years and Southern Representative for 13 years. In 1959, Miss McLeish was Captain of the Australian Team which visited Great Britain to compete in the Commonwealth Tournament at St. Andrews.  In 1932 Miss E.H. Fraser (Canberra) was Country Vice-President. Mrs Busby (Goulburn) was the Southern Representative in 1954 and 1955. In our 50 years there have only been five Honorary Secretaries:  Mrs M. Hoddle, the foundation Secretary, retired after 29 years; she also held the position of Treasurer for the same period and was Handicap Manager until 1952.  Mrs J.M. Wark followed as Honorary Secretary and held this position for 12 years.  Her place was taken by Mrs V. Shearstone who remained for 5 years.  Mrs J. Ochiltree retired after 1 year (owing to an accident) and since then the position has been occupied by Mrs E. Fry (at present on leave of absence).  Presidents, apparently, are not of the same fibre as secretaries.  It has taken eleven ladies to fill that position during the fifty years of the Association’s existence. Miss Marjorie Wheeler held the position of Association Handicap Manager from 1958 to 1974; surely a record in any association.

MAJOR TROPHY EVENTS ORGANISED BY THE C.S.G.A.

Blomfield Cup presented in 1930 by Mrs Blomfield (Canberra) for Open Teams – 4 players from the same club. Bronze Shield presented in 1931 by Mrs Ralph Baxter (Goulburn) for inter club handicap matches. Bruce Cup presented in 1928 by Mrs Bruce (later Lady Bruce) for inter club scratch matches –. Originally teams of 7 now 5. Canberra Cup presented in 1929 by associates of Canberra Golf Club for “Open Championship” – 36 holes scratch. Champion’s Scratch Score Shield presented in 1934. Open to champions of affiliated clubs. C.S.G.A. Championship Foursomes Cup presented in 1966 by Mrs. R.D. Bridges. C.S.G.A. Cup presented in 1929 by Canberra, Goulburn, Yass, Moss Vale and Cooma Golf Clubs – 18 holes scratch. C.S.G.A. Jug presented in 1977 by C.S.G.A. for Four Best Ball Stableford competition. District Brooch introduced in 1970 for best nett, silver and bronze divisions in association (specified period for play). Frances Adams Bowl presented in 1954 by C.S.G.A. Handicap event – scratch to 36 for associates from affiliated clubs on C.S.G.A. Open Day. Goulburn Cup presented in 1929 by L.T. Watson Esq., district championship for Associates of Affiliated clubs – 36 holes scratch. Mary Hoddle Salver presented in 1953 by affiliated clubs for No. 1 Bronze Division. 36 Holes scratch score, handicap 19-25. Mollie McLeish Trophy presented in 1961 by C.S.G.A. for No. 2 Bronze Division. 36 holes scratch score. Handicaps 26-35.

APPENDIX

DISTRICT GOLF CLUBS

Belconnen Golf Club: Formed early 1978. Affiliated with the N.S.W.L.G.U. in May 1978 and C.S.G.A. in July 1978.    
Batemans Bay  Foundation Club Bigga Golf Club: In 1945 began as 9 hole course on Bigga Station, moved to present site in 1965.
Bombala Golf Club: Foundation Club Transferred to Far South Coast and Tablelands Association in 1938.
Bowral Golf Club: Formed in 1901 but the ladies did not play until many years later. Affiliated with C.S.G.A. in 1932.
Bowral Country Club: Opened in 1949 as an 18 hole grass greens course. Few changes have been made to the original layout.
Braidwood Golf Club: A foundation club. Moved to the present site in 1937 after combining with a second club in the town.
Bundanoon Park Golf Club: Joined the Association in 1930 and remained affiliated until the course closed in 1968.
Bungendore Golf Club: Course in play in 1920’s.
Captain’s Flat Golf Club: In existence for a short period, affiliated in 1955.
Cooma Golf Club: A foundation club.  Affiliated until the formation of the Far South Coast and Tablelands Association in 1938.
Crookwell Golf Club: Formed 21st May 1925. Originally a 9 hole course of sand greens on Wades Hill, moved to present site in the early 1930’s. Turf greens opened March 1957.
Federal Golf Club: Original course on Race Course now under Late Burley Griffin. Moved to present position in 1949. First club house was adjacent to present 11th green.
Goulburn Golf Club: Foundation club.  One of the oldest country clubs in N.S.W. Formed about 1898. Joined the L.G.U. in 1906. The club house opened in 1912.
Gunning Golf Club: Foundation club.    Moved to present site in late 1920’s. Has remained a 9 hole course with many natural hazards.
Highlands Golf Club: Originally Mittagong Municipal Golf Links. In 1930 some members formed another club called Mittagong Golf Club. This closed in 1938. The original club then became Mittagong Park; in 1960 the name again changed to Highlands.
Moss Vale Golf Club: Foundation club. Associate championship board dates back to 1907, making it one of the early clubs in N.S.W. country.
Queanbeyan Golf Club: Formed in the early 1900’s. Originally a 9 hole sand green course in the area of present first ten holes. Grass greens opened in 1966, 18 holes opened in 1971.
R.A.A.F. Fairbairn Golf Club: Formed in 1968 and affiliated with C.S.G.A. in 1969. 9 hole grass green course.
R.M.C. Duntroon Golf Club: Formed between 1958-1960, and built on land originally used as a mustering paddock for the horses used by the College. 9 hole course, at first sand greens but converted to turf.
Royal Canberra Golf Club: Foundation club. Known as Canberra Golf Club until 1933. Formed July 1926. Original course under Lake Burley Griffin. Moved to Westbourne Woods in November 1962.
Tully Park Golf Club: Opened as a 9 hole course December 1939, but now an 18 hole course with grass greens.
Yass Golf Club: Records show the first associate president as Mrs. D. Johnson who held the position from 1910 to 1919. After two moves the present course is situated not far from the original club. Yass affiliated very soon after the formation of the C.S.G.A.
Yowani Golf Club: Affiliated with the L.G.U. and C.S.G.A. in 1956. The third 18 hole course to be formed in the A.C.T.

   

OFFICE BEARERS

PRESIDENTS VICE PRESIDENTS
1928 Mrs. S.M. Bruce    
1929 Mrs. S.M. Bruce    
1930 Mrs. S.M. Bruce    
1931 Miss E.H. Fraser Mrs. F. Adams Miss M. McLeish
1932 Mrs. F. Adams Miss E.H. Fraser Miss M. McLeish
1933 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Miss E.H. Fraser
1934 Mrs. F. Adams Miss E.H. Fraser Miss M. McLeish
1935 Miss E.H. Fraser Mrs. F. Adams Miss M. McLeish
1936 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Miss English
1937 Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. Downes Miss M. McLeish
1938 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams  
1939 Mrs. Downes Mrs. F. Adams Miss M. McLeish
1940 Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. Downes Miss Campbell
1941 -1946 War years – Association in Recess 
1947 Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. Downes Miss Campbell
1948 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. A Tregea Miss E. Emery
1949 Mrs. A Tregear Mrs. F. Adams Miss M. McLeish
1950 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. R. Parbury
1951 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. Jeffery
1952 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. McLeay
1953 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. K. Schafel
1954 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. F. Adams Mrs. K. Schafel
1955 Miss M. McLeish Mrs. S. Beresford Mrs. K. Schafel
1956 Mrs. K. Schapel Mrs. S. Beresford Mrs. H. Darke
1957 Mrs. K. Schapel Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. A.M.L. Moore
1958 Mrs. K. Schapel Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. E.M. Crisp
1959 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. A.M.L. Moore Mrs. K. Schafel
1960 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. A.M.L. Moore Miss J. Cosh
1961 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. A.M.L. Moore Miss J. Cosh
1962 Miss J. Cosh Mrs. A.M.L. Moore Mrs. H.T. Nicholson
1963 Miss J. Cosh Mrs. P. Steindl Mrs. J. Smyth
1964 Miss J. Cosh Mrs. P. Steindl Mrs. J. Smyth
1965 Miss J. Cosh Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. P. Steindl
1966 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. D. Beattie Miss J. Cosh
1967 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. D. Beattie Mrs. C. Little
1968 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. D. Beattie Miss J. Crossley
1969 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. K. Gruber Miss J. Crossley
1970 Mrs. N.W. Baxter Mrs. K. Gruber Miss J. Crossley
1971 Miss J. Crossley Mrs. N. Baxter Mrs. H.K. Smith
1972 Miss J. Crossley Mrs. N. Baxter Mrs. H.K. Smith
1973 Miss J. Crossley Mrs. N. Baxter Mrs. H.K. Smith
1974 Miss J. Crossley Mrs. P. Steindl Mrs. D. Beattie
1975 Miss J. Crossley Mrs. P. Steindl Mrs. D. Beattie
1976 Mrs. H.K. Smith Mrs. P. Steindl Mrs. J. Gulson
1977 Mrs. H.K. Smith Mrs. Hawkins Mrs. J. Gulson
1978 Mrs. H.K. Smith Mrs. H. Kite Mrs. J. Gulson
1979 Mrs. H.K. Smith Mrs. H. Kite Mrs. L. Grainger
1980 Mrs. H.K. Smith Mrs. D. Missingham Mrs. L. Grainger
1981 Mrs. D. Missingham Mrs. R. Glover Mrs. L. Grainger
1982 Mrs. D. Missingham Mrs. R. Glover Mrs. G. Mould
1983 Mrs S. Fry Mrs. R. Glover Mrs. G. Mould
1984 Mrs. S. Fry Mrs. S Williamson Mrs. G. Mould
1985 Mrs S, Fry Mrs N. Crawford Mrs P. Wotton
1986 Mrs S. Fry Mrs N. Crawford Mrs P. Wotton
1987 Mrs S. Fry Mrs N. Crawford Mrs P. Wotton
1988 Mrs N. Crawford Miss T. Holmes Mrs P. Love/Mrs C. Darke
1989 Mrs N. Crawford Miss T. Holmes Mrs P. Love/Mrs C. Darke
1990 Mrs N. Crawford Mrs A. Whyte Mrs P. Love
1991 Mrs A. Whyte Mrs K. Moebus/Mrs J. Jessup Mrs B. Thomson/Mrs H. Mayman
1992 Mrs A. Whyte/Mrs K. Moebus Mrs K. Moebus/Mrs J. Jessup Mrs B. Thomson/Mrs H. Mayman
1993 Mrs H,. Mayman Mrs J. Jessup Mrs B. Thomson/Mrs. E. Hurt
1994 Mrs. H. Mayman Miss J. Francis Mrs B. Beatty/Mrs J. Jessup
1995 Mrs H. Mayman Mrs S. Shoemark Miss J. Francis/Mrs B. Beatty
1996 Mrs C. Amos Mrs B. Beatty Mrs S. Shoemark
1997 Mrs C. Amos Mrs S. Pearson/Mrs B. Lehman Mrs S. Shoemark/Mrs S. Wade
1998 Mrs C. Amos Mrs S. Paerson/Mrs J. Leckie Mrs B. Lehman/Mrs P. Wade
1999 Mrs B. lehman Mrs K. Moebus Mrs P. Wade
2000 Mrs B. Lehman Mrs K. Moebus/ Mrs M. Robbie Mrs C. Brown/Mrs P. Farrell
2001 Mrs B. Lehman Mrs K. Moebus Mrs C. Brown
2002 Mrs C. Brown Mrs L. Kite Mrs E. Raiser
2003 Mrs C. Brown Mrs L. Kite Mrs E. Raiser
2004 Mrs R. John    
2005 Mrs R. John Mrs H. Greenow Mrs H. Oram
2006 Mrs J. Haskins Mrs C. Amos Mrs H. Oram
2007 Mrs J. Haskins Mrs C. Amos Mrs H. Oram
2008 Mrs C. Amos Mrs S. Trethewey  
2009 Mrs S. Trethewey Mrs P. Smith  
2010 Mrs S. Trethewey Mrs P. Smith  
2011 Mrs S. Trethewey Mrs P. Smith  
2012 Mrs P. Smith Mrs E. Shepherd Mrs E. Hall
2013 Mrs P. Smith  
2014 Mrs S. Flaxman Mrs E. Smyth
2015 Mrs S. Flaxman Mrs P. Barker
2016 Mrs S. Flaxman Mrs P. Barker
2017 Mrs P Barker  Vacant
2018 Mrs P Barker Vacant
2019 Mrs P Barker Mrs V Miers

 

HON. SECRETARIES HON TREASURERS HANDICAP MANAGERS
1928 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1929 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1930 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1931 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1932 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1933 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1934 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1935 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  Mrs. M. Hoddle
1936 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1937 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1938 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1939 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1940 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1941 – 1946  War years –Association in Recess
1947 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1948 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1949 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1950 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1951 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1952 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle
1953 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. F. Busby
1954 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. F. Busby
1955 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. F. Busby
1956 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. F. Busby
1957 Mrs. M. Hoddle Mrs. M. Hoddle  
1958 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. H.T. Nicholson Miss M. Wheeler
1959 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. H.T. Nicholson Miss M. Wheeler
1960 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. H.T. Nicholson Miss M. Wheeler
1961 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. H.T. Nicholson Miss M. Wheeler
1962 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. K.E. Grainger Miss M. Wheeler
1963 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. K.E. Grainger Miss M. Wheeler
1964 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. K.E. Grainger Miss M. Wheeler
1965 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. K.E. Grainger Miss M. Wheeler
1966 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. K.E. Grainger Miss M. Wheeler
1967 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. K.E. Grainger Miss M. Wheeler
1968 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. C. Gaffey Miss M. Wheeler
1969 Mrs. J.M. Wark Mrs. C. Gaffey Miss M. Wheeler
1970 Mrs. Shearstone Mrs. C. Gaffey Miss M. Wheeler
1971 Mrs. Shearstone Mrs. C. Gaffey Miss M. Wheeler
1972 Mrs. Shearstone Mrs. C. Gaffey Miss M. Wheeler
1973 Mrs. Shearstone Mrs. Therkelsen Miss M. Wheeler
1974 Mrs. Shearstone Mrs. J. Willis Miss M. Wheeler
1975 Mrs. J. Ochiltree Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. C. Gaffey
1976 Mrs. S. Fry Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. C. Gaffey
1977 Mrs. S. Fry Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. C. Gaffey/ Miss J. Crossley
1978 Mrs S. Fry Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. C. Gaffey/ Miss J. Crossley
1979 Mrs S. Fry Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. C. Gaffey/ Miss J. Crossley
1980 Mrs S. Fry Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. K. McLennan/ Miss J. Crossley
1981 Mrs S. Fry/Mrs F. Warr Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. K. McLennan/ Miss J. Crossley
1982 Mrs. F. Warr Mrs. J. Willis Mrs. K. McLennan/ Miss J. Crossley
1983 Mrs F. Warr Mrs N. McLean Mrs K. McLennan/Mrs A. Robertson
1984 Mrs F. Warr Mrs N. McLean Mrs K. McLennan/Mrs A. Robertson
1985 Mrs M. Flaherty/Mrs A. McCarthy Mrs F. Warr Mrs K. McLennan/ Mrs M. Clark
1986 Mrs A. McCarthy Mrs F. Warr Mrs K. McLennan/ Mrs M. Clark
1987 Mrs P. Morris Mrs F. Warr Mrs K. McLennan/ Mrs M. Clark
1988 Mrs P. Morris Mrs A. Smith Mrs K. McLennan/Mrs H. Mayman
1989 Mrs P. Morris Mrs V. Mann Mrs K. McLennan/Mrs H. Mayman
1990 Mrs P. Keight Mrs V. Mann Mrs C. Amos/ Mrs H. Mayman
1991 Mrs P. Keight Mrs V. Mann Mrs C. Amos/ Mrs H. Mayman
1992 Mrs P. Keight Mrs V. Mann Mrs C. Amos/ Mrs H. Mayman
1993 Mrs K. Moebus Mrs V. Mann Mrs C. Amos/Mrs P. Keight
1994 Mrs K. Moebus Mrs V. Mann Mrs C. Amos/Mrs P. Keight
1995 Mrs K. Moebus Mrs V. Mann Mrs C. Amos/Mrs P. Keight
1996 Mrs K. Moebus Mrs H. Hannah Mrs J. Gilbert/Mrs K. McCaskill
1997 Mrs K. Moebus Mrs H. Hannah Mrs J. Gilbert/Mrs K. McCaskill
1998 Mrs K. Moebus Mrs M. Robbie Mrs J. Gilbert/Mrs K. McCaskill
1999 Mrs C. Amos Mrs M. Robbie Mrs J. Gilbert/Mrs J. Morton
2000 Mrs M. Smith Mrs J. Hogbin Mrs E. Raiser/Mrs J. Morton
2001 Mrs M. Smith Mrs J. Hogbin Mrs E. Raiser/Mrs L. Kite
2002 Mrs M. Smith Mrs J. Hogbin Mrs E. Raiser/Mrs L. Kite
2003 Mrs M. Smith Mrs J. Hogbin Mrs E. Raiser
2004 Mrs M. Smith Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs E. Raiser
2005 Mrs M. Smith Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs E. Raiser/Mrs C. Amos
2006 Mrs S. Shallis Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs C. Amos
2007 Mrs S. Shallis Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs C. Amos
2008 Mrs D. Carter Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs C. Amos
2009 Mrs D. Carter Mrs Z. Cianchi CHANGED TO TECHNICAL ADVISOR
 Mrs C. Amos
2010 Mrs D. Carter Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs P. Jeffrey
2011 Mrs D. Carter Mrs Z. Cianchi Mrs P. Jeffrey
2012 Ms D Manning Mrs S. Walsh Mrs P. Jeffrey
2013 Ms D. Manning Mrs S. Walsh Mrs P. Jeffrey
2014 Ms D. Manning Mrs S. Walsh Mrs P. Jeffrey
2015 Ms D. Manning Mrs S. Walsh Mrs P. Jeffrey
2016 Ms D. Manning Mrs P. Anderson Golflink replaced this position
2017  Ms Mary-Ann Johnston Mrs P Anderson  
2018 Vacant Mrs P Carkeet
2019 Ms D Staffod Mrs P Carkeet
2020    

LIFE MEMBERS
1952 Mrs. M. Hoddle     1967 Miss M. McLeish     1976 Mrs. N.W. Baxter
2002 Mrs H. Mayman    2010  Mrs C. Amos